9:57 AM Comment5 Comments

Do you know where the city of Timbuktu is actually located?

Mali

Do you know where Mali is located?

West Africa

Do you know what the capital of Mali is?

Bamako

Do you know where we'll be living for at least 2 years beginning fall 2010?

You guessed it!

We've just accepted jobs at the American International School of Bamako! We're so excited to know so early in the school year what our destination will be after our jobs in Khartoum wrap up. We're really enjoying what will definitely be our last year at Khartoum American School and we'll miss our friends here BUT we're super excited about the next step. We haven't escaped the Sahara but we'll be in more familiar territory in Mali... Francophone West Africa!


Enjoy this music video by our favorite Malian musicians. Le couple aveugle... Amadou and Mariam. The video has some cool images of life in Mali.

5 thrilling comments that made our day:

Anonymous said...

Great! Can't wait to hear all about the new job. I'm sure it is a relief to know now where you will live next year. MWA, Nana

Alt-ternative Universe said...

I heart Amadou & Mariam & I miss W. Africa (even when it is totally screwed up, it has a way of sticking, doesn't it?) Congrats guys!

Anonymous said...

So excited for you! All the best!

Anonymous said...

This is Becky. That is so freakin awesome you guys!!!! Now I will for sure have to save my pennies and come visit you. Maybe once I have more experiene as a real live nurse and learn how to speak french I'll jump on board with medecins sans frontieres and have an adventure there with you! Here is to dreams! I really am so so excited for you. The best part, no job fair!!!! Congrats again!

Anonymous said...

I seriously wanted to go to timbuktu before returning stateside just so I could say that I'd actually been to timbuktu! As you can see I am a bit behind on checking out your blog... Solt

Post a Comment