5:27 AM Comment6 Comments

Early morn... Sept 16th, 2010

I should be in bed, but I haven't posted from Mali yet and Calley asked me to put some photos up. I got a new lens for our fancy camera. So, I went out in town and tried to take some spy photos with the zoom lens while Calley was sleeping in last weekend. Apparently, a white dude with a small child and a huge camera is STILL conspicuous even at a considerable distance. I didn't get many natural, non-posing shots of people in action, in and around the Badalabougou market, but I still got some nice photos. The kids, as usual, always want to pose for a glamor shot.
I hope you like these shots!

-RossRowan cruising down our street. This is just in front of our house.


The market in our corner of town, Badalabougou.


Hardcore.



I love the pose from the girl in the red pants.



Okay, I cut the top of her head off a bit, but I still love this photo.


Peek!


In the middle of the market.


Hey Dave and Angie, I'm not sure but there may be a Shaolin temple somewhere in Bamako. If there is... these kids would know where to find it.

6 thrilling comments that made our day:

Molly Hutto said...

What glorious shots! Love your posts guys--keep 'em comin'!

Alt-ternative Universe said...

Nice! I love the Shaolin master. Looks like our taxi-man knew something we didn't . . . the secret skill of young African warriors. LOL!

jim baker said...

awesome job Ross! what kind of camera did you get? miss you guys

Nana Montana said...

Great pics--keep them coming. Love to see and hear how you guys are doing!!

Marissa said...

love the pics..especially the sassy girls and rowan walkin down his block!

Jody said...

Very nice shots.

Post a Comment