2:02 PM Comment3 Comments

August 29, 2011

So, the Connelly trio is back in Bamako and back online after a long absence and a busy summer catching up with family and friends.  Here are a few shots of us at and around home.  It has been rainy here and our new 'hood does not have great drainage.  So we're left with flooded streets during the torrents.  Things dry out fairly quickly but some of the longer-standing puddles actually have FISH in them. 

Rowan loves stomping around with Niambele, one of our guards.  They're still good buddies.



The following shot was taken in the street in front of our house.  This SHOULD be a dirt road, not a shallow stream.


In other news, we have a new critter at the house.  It is a 'biche' otherwise known as a dik-dik.  It is basically a mini-gazelle.  It is unbelievably cute.  Calley is taking care of it and hand-feeding it because it is still a baby.  See Rowan below for scale.


That's all for now.
Love,
Ross

3 thrilling comments that made our day:

Unkle Jake said...

I think, for once we have had more adventures than you guys! (I will have to tell you my earthquake story sometime) I am so thankful I got lots of time to hang out with you guys this summer. I am always thinking of you...
<3
Unkle Jake

Leah said...

Hooray, Connellys are alive! And Ro is as charming as ever! More photos all the time, please...

With Love From Moscow.

drpresident said...

Rowan looks like his having a grand old time!

Post a Comment