So, a sad thing about our situation in Khartoum is the lack of an available pool. Sometimes we can go to the American Embassy pool, but only with invitation. We can pay $25 EACH to go to a hotel pool - ouch. We can try our hand at the Greek pool, but as we learned yesterday after 20 minutes in a hot car with an unhappy baby in his swimming suit, sometimes the Greek club fills up. Uh oh. Luckily, our friend Jon hooked us up with his job's work pool. Ahhh, relief. 
Here you see our friend Leah displaying exactly WHY it was so essential to go to a pool yesterday. Yep, that's right, 115 degrees, people! What? Is that even possible? Ross thinks we may be been transported through a wormhole to the surface of the planet Mercury. DUNK! Yep, Rowan went under water. I almost had to be restrained the first time, but he didnt' even cry! He's tough.


However, this blow-up swan DID make him cry. It has leg holes but evidently that's not the COOL way to ride on it. Sorry, Noonie - you figured it out and you are really rocking that bird. (Note: there are only so many blow-up floaties available in Africa - don't diss the swan. Swans are for boys, too. So are unicorns. Right?)


Happy Mothers Day!
12 years ago

6 thrilling comments that made our day:
Maggee thinks that Row-Dude's float is super cool. She wishes she had one that cool. No sweat Rowan, Swan Floaties get you noticed by all the chicks! Happy 5th Month Birthday!
1) I like that the first picture of him floating in the Swan Queen kind of looks like he actually has wings.
2) I wish Becky had caught your face/scream in the first dunking picture. Too bad.
Shit, that is crazy hot. And I would never make fun of the swan because I too had a swan floatie and a child and loved the hell out that thing. I even slept with it. (Isn't there a suffocation warning on it somewhere about things like that or were the 80s a better time?)
I like how the swan has a crown. A royal swan:)
yes rowan..swans & unicorns are for you too =)
Rowan seems to be totally enjoying himself on that swan...What great pics!!!
Post a Comment